Island Alliance Church is a Christian & Missionary Alliance Church which began as a bible study in a home in Kent Island Estates in 1987. Since then, Island Alliance has held services in a fire station, a school cafeteria, and two office buildings. In 1997, God opened the door for us to purchase the former Kent Island Building Supply location and its three buildings. A number of renovations to the main building has made it into a wonderful home for our church family.
The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is an evangelical denomination with a major emphasis on world evangelization. We encourage Christ followers of diverse backgrounds and theological traditions to unite in an alliance to know and exalt Jesus Christ and to complete His Great Commission. Visit www.cmalliance.org
The C&MA Mission
The C&MA exists to know Jesus Christ, exalt Him as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King; and complete His Great Commission. It is the conviction of Alliance people that we will be in a better position to achieve our mission if we become a denomination that has the qualities of a movement.
The C&MA Vision
The Christian and Missionary Alliance will be a movement of Great Commission Christians who are glorifying God by building Christ's Church worldwide. To achieve this vision, a strategy has been developed that consists of six components. The resources of the C&MA are focused on these strategic initiatives:
- Develop Healthy Local Churches
- Identify Workers for the Harvest
- Train Called Workers
- Multiply Churches in the United States
- Multiply Churches Worldwide
- Establish a Strong Support Base
The C&MA Values
- God's Glory: We value the lifting up of God's glory so it shines forth in all the earth.
- Scripture: We value the Word of God as the rule for faith and practice in all things.
- The Church: We value the universal Church and every local church that represents the larger Body.
- The Great Commission: We value making disciples of all peoples in obedience to Christ's command.
- The Empowerment of the Holy Spirit: We value total dependence on God demonstrated by praying first and praying always for divine appointment.